Monday, April 14, 2014

Average Daily Attendance

How Do I Find My School's Average Daily Attendance?

Average daily attendance percentages have always been a common way to get an idea of how your school's attendance looks overall. There hasn't seemed be be any easy ways to get this data out of PowerSchool with the access that we currently have. I did some digging and found a report that seems to give this data as well as some other helpful summary numbers. 

Another question I got recently was a quick way to see how many school days there have been to date. I suggested using the Class Attendance Audit report as it gives you total days in the final column. However, the Attendance Summary Report seems to be a better option to get this information. It conveniently puts the number of days included in your report at the top of the page, so if you run it on the entire school year it will count up those days for you. No need to get out your calendar! 

Continue reading for instructions on how to use this report. 



How to Run the Report
Begin on the start page

1. Click on System Reports on the left side-bar
2. Click on Attendance Summary by Grade. The page will look like this:

3. Leave the first 2 boxes on the Use Defaults option

4. Choose the bubble Reporting Segment or Begin Date and Ending Date depending on what time period you'd like to see data for. 
*To get data for the entire year to date I chose Begin Date and Ending Date and entered the first day of school as the begin date and the current date as the end date. I left all other settings blank or on the default. 
5. Click Submit

Your report should look something like this:




Disclaimer: 
I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the numbers you'll get in this report, but I hope they are correct! I know that our data managers have been receiving the Principal's Monthly Report (PMR) data from Information Systems rather than running this data on their own. This report usually included average daily attendance data among other pieces of information that data managers do not currently have access to obtain from PowerSchool. I have not heard anything about the Attendance Summary by Grade report being inaccurate though, so I hope the numbers you get will be helpful.

Comment if you have problems running this report or if you discover anything else great that it can do for you. I'm sure we'd all love to learn more!

Carly


No comments:

Post a Comment